on Friday, April 28, 2017
Spring is here, which means school will be out soon. Are you looking for ideas to do with your children this summer? Do they like sports, arts, science, history, cooking or being outdoors? Then we have you covered. We hope you find this guide helpful in your summer planning.
Waterloo Leisure Services, Waterloo
Football, basketball, soccer, swimming, baseball, softball, golf and more. Oh my! The Cedar Valley has many sports camp options for all ages and skill levels.
Three Pines Farm, Cedar Falls
Is your child the imaginative type who likes to act, cook, or create projects? Check out all the ways they can get their creative juices flowing this summer.
- WCP/BHCT | 224 Commercial St, Waterloo | (319) 235-0367
- Waterloo Public Library | 415 Commercial St, Waterloo | (319) 291-4476
- Cedar Falls Public Library | 524 Main St, Cedar Falls | (319) 273-8643
- Hatchlings & Hens | 602 State St, Cedar Falls | (319) 610-3223
- Wartburg College | 100 Wartburg Blvd, Waverly | (800) 772-2085
- WCA/Phelps Youth Pavilion | 225 Commercial St, Waterloo | (319) 291-4490
- UNI Theatre | Strayer-Wood Theatre, 257 W 27th St, Cedar Falls | (319) 273-6381
- Hearst Center for the Arts | 304 W Seerley Blvd, Cedar Falls | (319) 273-8641
- Three Pines Farm | 9611 Wagner Rd, Cedar Falls | (319) 404-2942
Grout Museum District, Waterloo
SCIENCE & HISTORY
Do you have a science or history buff in your house? There are several camp options that can help them get their geek on this summer.
Hartman Reserve Nature Center, Cedar Falls
How about some good old fashion outdoor fun? These locations are offering camps about nature, agriculture, and the great outdoors.
If you have a child that enjoys books or reading, check out the places that are offering special story times this summer, including Cedar Valley Arboretum, both Waterloo and Cedar Falls libraries, and Cedar Falls Historical Society.
Summer is one of the best parts of growing up in the Cedar Valley. It can also be a very busy, so don’t miss out on these fun summer camps. Reserve your spot and sign up today!
- Annette Freeseman, Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau
Photo Credit: Waterloo Leisure Services, Three Pines Farm, Grout Museum District, Hartman Reserve Nature Center.
- black hawk childrens theatre
- black hawk extension service
- black hawks
- bluedorn science imaginarium
- cedar falls
- cedar falls historical society
- cedar falls library
- cedar valley
- cedar valley arboretum & botanic gardens
- dek hockey
- family fun
- grout museum district
- hartman reserve nature center
- hatchlings & hens
- hearst center for the arts
- phelps youth pavilion
- summer camp
- three pines farm
- uni panthers
- university of northern iowa
- waterloo center for the arts
- waterloo community playhouse
- waterloo leisure services
- waterloo public library